Friday, November 11, 2005

Local fun - with and without Google

Last night we planned on going on 'Mommy-Daddy dates'. That means Michelled takes one or two of the kids and I take one or two, and they get their own special date. Since we have three kids, only one child gets actual one on one time, but since our youngest is only two, it still ends up being that the older child feels like they are getting almost one-on-one attention.

My son chose to use one of his free bowling coupons and go with my wife. He also had a free ice cream cone coupon. He thought that meant that they would just give you the cone, and you'd have to buy the ice cream to put on it! I guess we've taught them well to be wary of consumer advertising.

My daughter stuck with something she has done before and decided that she wanted to go get frozen custard at Nielsen's Frozen Custard. Next we went to the library to check out books, and then home to read some of the books and watch the Baby Newton DVD (from Baby Einstein) that we checked out.

Overall, the kids had a great time. I don't even remember having to argue with any of them - at all!

It didn't take Google Local to find Nielsen's, the library or the bowling alley, but it did get me closer to maybe finding a cabinet maker or woodworking shop that might be able to get me a good price on materials for my desk. I may build the desk and then add the drawers, cabinets, sides and trim later. If I bought custom sized cabinet doors, they would really make my desk look nice, and that might take care of the part that I can't do myself. I also wonder if I might not be able to find someone who could do the whole job for me. I would think that would get expensive though... we'll see.

No comments: