Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice

General Conference is coming up this weekend and I'm stoked.

I watched this video that was recently produced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints of Elder Jefferey R. Holland's talk about prophets in our day.

I love that talk, and couldn't help from watching the rest of the church sponsored videos on YouTube in the new Mormon Messages channel.

Now I'm singing this song in my head!

Come listen to a Prophet's voice
And hear the word of God.
Then let us in the truth rejoice
And sing for joy aloud.

Come, Listen to a Prophet's Voice - Hymn #21

I can't wait until Saturday and Sunday!

4 comments:

Renae said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! I just read (on Heather's side bar): "As if I have Time Come Listen to a Prophet's voice" HAHAHAHAHa

Daniel said...

It took me a few hours to understand what you were laughing about. It didn't help that I couldn't figure out who you were just reading your comment on my phone. Once I realized that you were my cousin, I realized, you probably weren't laughing at the idea that there are prophets on the earth to listen to.... what in the world could you be saying 'Ha ha ha' about?

Before I knew who you were, I thought, "well, maybe she thinks it is funny that Monday morning she just realized that she just missed General Conference?.." and I thought that was kind of sad, but not as sad at laughing at prophets.

NOW, I GET IT! The side bar said: 'As if I Have Time Come Listen to a Prophet's voice'... hmm, I guess maybe I should change the name of my blog, or at least look at how the title of each blog post will match up with my blog name.

Well, what about some of yours?
Tadpoles belching contest?
Tadpoles shopping with Ashley?
Tadpoles teasing a little girl?
Tadpoles string across the road.. to mention just a few.

As if I have time to mention more than just a few, I've got to get back to work!

Renae said...

Hmm, I've never thought of how the title of the blog and the title of the post match up on my sites. That is funny. Yours just struck my funnybone.

BTW, good to have found another Utah relative to get to know over the internet! I didn't know you ever read any of our Tadpoles junk. Yay! I look forward to keeping tabs on yet another one of you all out there. Have a good one!

Daniel said...

You Woodriver Gibbys, I mean Severs, are among the funniest there are. Glad to see you stumbled onto my blog that I only update when I have half the time I need for it, and more than half the time I want for it, and half as much of half the time I have for it.

(That was an attempt to sound like Bilbo Baggins.)